Wednesday, April 26, 2006

In spite all my rage, I am still just a rat in a cage.....

I don't know whether to laugh or to fucking cry.

To rage against the machine or simply bend over and fucking take it.

I spent $50.00 on gas today.

Yea on ONE tank of fucking gas. It's gotten that bad.

Sad thing is I remember fondly back two years ago when I was planning a driving trip to Cincinnati for a weekend of Red's games. I was worried about gas being close to $2.00 a gallon THEN but the most I paid was around $1.75.

How I long for those days.

It's not even the gas price that I long for. The summer of 2004 was an awesome summer. So much hope with Kerry running. I was in love, the nation was on the right path, and everything was just going ... right. And the whole summer had a whole "yea it really sucks now, but things are gonna be better soon" vibe. The Democrats and help is on the way.

Now, it's just pure misery. Look around. People are fucking miserable out of their minds. And yes, it's true..... its KIND of what I wished for back after that November election ... (cue flash back effects and music to my old blog).... I think what I said was more direct:

"And all you ignorant fucks that voted for Bush, scared out of your minds by the prospect of boys kissing boys.... I say this to you directly. I HOPE YOU ARE FUCKING MISERABLE THE NEXT FOUR YEARS. Then maybe, you will realize how stupid it is to elect someone because of RELIGIOUS convictions".

Are we there yet? Are we really that fucking miserable yet?

It just pisses me off to no ends that the hope and optimism I had for this country just TWO years ago has been shattered and destroyed. Honestly we are in a fucking quagmire and there is no way of us getting out. I DON'T want to be that guy..... the guy that rants and raves about Bush and shaves his fist at the air, but I can't keep silent. So yea, I guess that's me. I'm the ranting, raving liberal fuck. Deal with it.

And I read the news. I read that in 50 years that if we continue on this course, the USA will no longer be a lone super power. We will be relegated to mid major status. And honestly that scares the fuck out of me. Our enemies have long memories and carry longer grudges and all they are waiting for is a sign of weakness to bring their atacks to our soil on a daily basis. It has happened to almost all of our European allies but never here except for 9/11. Because we had that swagger that siad do not fuck with us or our people. But that swagger is gone, a mere paper tiger of its former self. And we are vulnerable.

I mean come on, what the fuck has happened to our military now? We are undermanned and demoralized. and Neo-con's do NOT blame this on Clinton.

Remember the army that effectively ripped through Iraq in like 17 days and made Bush hang up a "Mission Accomplished" banner because we were kicking so much ass? Remember THAT army? Um hate to tell ya but that was Bill Clinton's army, bitches. Keep in mind that Bish's budget had yet to take effect when we invaded Iraq.

Now look at the situation we are in now and that is the effect Bush has had on it.

So yea. Once again, I have gotten off on a rant and probably alienated a few that wish to keep their hand in the sand and chat about things such as one night stands and cock sizes but I really can't keep quiet.

That's just me. As much as I have not wanted to become that stereotypical liberal screaming about Bush to a deaf ear, it is sadly me now.

Deal with it.



2 Comments:

Blogger Earl said...

I always enjoy coming back to your site. I never know what to expect: music reviews, political diatribes or slices of life.

2:34 PM  
Blogger Burnt Notions said...

That is exactly how I feel - like a single-minded ranter - in defending, explaining, describing the N.O. at times. Did you read this month's green issue of Vanity Fair? Some scary shit. Retreating into poet mode for a while...though, we gotta have our rants, gotta have 'em!

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home